How to contribute
To contribute with new features or fixes, please complete the developer setup.
- Visual Studio 2017 or superior
- A clean installation of Sitecore 8.0. Please, consider SIM for quick installation.
- Sitecore Powershell Extensions
Get the repository
Clone the repository in a local folder.
git clone https://github.com/andresvillenas/Sitecore.Extensions.git
- Open the Sitecore.Extensions.sln solution
- Modify the Publish settings to point to the local installation of Sitecore.
- Modify the attribute physicalRootPath at the /configuration/sitecore/unicorn/configurations/configuration[name=”Sitecore.Extensions”] of the Unicorn.Configs.Default.config file to point to the Serialized folder of the source code. Required to synchronize the items of the module in the local instance.
- Publish the Sitecore.Extensions project.
- Go to the /Unicorn.aspx page and click over the Sync button of Sitecore.Extensions configuration.
How to create a new feature
- The location of the code will depend on the section of Sitecore that is going to be extended. For instance, the JumpList module is inside of the content tree of the Content Editor, therefore, the code was placed in the following namespace Sitecore.Extensions.ContentEditor.ContentTree.JumpList.
- Create the required classes to complete the desired functionality.
- If the new feature requires new items (like templates, or content) or changes in the existing ones, they must be tracked using a new Unicorn configuration file. The file must be created inside of the \App_Config\Include\zSitecoreExtensions